top of page

Take Action

Another way to take action by getting involved with GCA is to write or call your legislators at the local, state, and federal levels on autism issues that affect adults and young adults on the autism spectrum, and their parents and other caregivers.  By law, GCA and the Chattanooga Autism Center can not tell state and federal legislators which way to vote on a particular issue (although we can educate them).  


By telling legislators which way to vote on an issue, the CAC (of which GCA is a program) would lose (or forfeit) its status as a 501(c)3 nonprofit and become a 501(c)4 nonprofit.  Anyone who donates money to a 501(c)3 nonprofit can write it off on an income tax return.  Donations to 501(c)4 nonprofits cannot be written off on an income tax return. This explains why it is easier for 501(c)3 nonprofits to receive donations than 501(c)4 nonprofits. 



How do you find out who your legislators are at the state and federal levels?  Click on one of the following.
























Georgia & Tennessee (U.S. Senate) 

Go to the upper right hand corner

where the drop down menu is for

Find Your Senators.  Find the state

where you live and click Go.

Georgia & Tennessee (U.S. House)

Put in your zip code to find who your representative is

Georgia (State Senate)

Click on Find Your Legislator on the left side of the page

Georgia (State House)

Click on Find Your Lawmaker on the left side of the page. 

Tennessee General Legislature

Put your mouse over Legislators, and click on Find My Legislator

bottom of page